Ohio Automated Rx Reporting System
OARRS is a free on-line tool for physicians and other prescribers to check to see if new or existing patients are potentially abusing dangerous drugs or obtaining prescriptions from multiple providers that could cause adverse drug interactions. Outpatient pharmacies that dispense controlled substances to Ohio residents are required to report information into the database at regular intervals.
Any prescriber can access OARRS to obtain detail prescription drug histories that includes the:
- Patients name, address and phone number
- Patient's date of birth and gender
- Quantity of drug
- Days’ supply of drug
- Date of dispensing
- Date prescription written or authorized
- Number of refills authorized
- Prescriber's DEA registration number
- Pharmacy's name and contact information
HB 93, passed in 2011, requires all Ohio prescribers to register for OARRS and query the system according to rules established by the Ohio State Medical Board. To establish an account with OARRS:
- Click here to complete the online registration.
- Print the application and have your signature notarized
- Mail the application and a copy of your driver's license, medical license and DEA registration to the Ohio State Board of Pharmacy
- The registration process takes about two weeks.